MIDDle School: 6th - 8th Grades
Middle School brings specialized teaching in a blended setting to prepare our kids for the demands and responsibility of high school.
Curriculum & Philosophy
The St. Austin philosophy of teaching the whole child continues through Middle School. Our kids receive a unique experience of a middle school curriculum within our intimate community. They are readied for their advancement while maintaining a spirit of stewardship, community and moral leadership.
Grades 6 - 8 are comprised of 8 core classes, 2 electives and special classes. This includes Algebra 1 and Spanish 1, high-school level courses allowing students to earn high school credits and place out of the beginning classes on admission.
Our Middle School students have 8 core courses available to them including English Language Arts, Math (2 classes based on level), Science, Social Studies, Spanish (2 classes based on level) and Religion.
- 100% graduation rate: 60% advance to private high schools, 25% advance to magnet schools
- Algebra 1 and Spanish 1 offered to students ready to earn high school credits with an opportunity to place out of these classes upon entering high school
- New learning tools including renovated science lab, 1:1 Chromebook to student ratio, smart boards and latest textbooks
- St. Austin alum consistently excel and are held as beacon examples of well-rounded and prepared students in high school: St Michael's Catholic Academy Valedictorian, National Merit Scholars, National Merit Commended Scholar and National Hispanic Scholar ...just to name a few
Middle School students select from a range of electives to round out their eduction. Our accomplished teaching staff bring their enthusiasm for their subjects to our kids to enrich their overall learning experience.
- Math Pentathlon & Number Sense
- PSIA Prep
- Study Skills
We believe that the transfer from academics to real-world helps store and advance learning. St. Austin nurtures several enrichment programs on and off campus to help further develop our kids:
- National Juniors Honor Society
- Boy & Girl Scouts
- Math Pentathlon & Math Sense
- PSIA (Private School Interscholastic Association
- DECATS ( DeBusk Center for Academically Talented Scholars)
St. Austin Catholic School offers a Middle School program that spans 6th through 8th Grade.
Review of previous report cards, standardized test scores, teacher recommendations and individual assessment of all applicants will be considered during the application process to determine if St. Austin can meet the needs of each individual applicant.
Students accepted to St. Austin Catholic School from a state accredited school will be placed in the grade recommended from the previous school. Students from a non-accredited and/or non-graded school will be placed according to:
- Student’s age
- Student’s past performance
- Student’s achievement test scores
- Student’s best interest according to teacher recommendation
- Student’s achievement on the individual assessment performed by St. Austin faculty.
For tuition and fee information, please click here.